We had a customer ask recently about the best way to export group members for multiple groups in LDAP. The purpose of this article is to point to resources about how to retrieve Active Directory Group Membership information using PowerShell. This type of operation is a perfect application for PowerShell. Check out the Active Directory module for PowerShell and use PowerShell’s powerful formatting options to assemble the data any way you need. You can then export the data to a CSV file that you can then open in Excel.
See the following resources for some guidance and have fun with the power of PowerShell!
- Active Directory Cmdlets in Windows PowerShell: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee617195.aspx
- Get-ADGroup Cmdlet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee617196.aspx
- Get-ADGroupMember Cmdlet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee617193.aspx
- Using Format Commands to Change Output View: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd347677.aspx
- Using the Export-Csv Cmdlet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee176825.aspx